c FAQ | McKinley West

Frequently Asked Questions

Reserved for Manila's discerning elite, McKinley West is Megaworld's newest township in Fort Bonifacio. Sprawling 34.5 hectares, it is set to host a posh village and private residential estates complemented by a modern business district and leisure center–living up to the lifestyles of neighboring Forbes Park and the Manila Polo Club.

  • Contact a Megaworld Agent

    Contact a Megaworld Agent

    Our Premier property consultants are well equipped to assist you with your inquiries on McKinley West, its properties and other investment opportunities within the Megaworld portfolio.

  • Home Buyer's Guide

    Home Buyer's Guide

    These resources have been tailored to guide you through the property investment process.

  • Owning a Property

    Owning a Property

    With over 500 design experts all over the world, Broadway Malyan brings global architecture urbanism & design in 43 countries in Europe, North & South America, Africa, Middle East & Asia Pacific.

What is the difference between a reservation payment and a down payment?

A reservation payment is valued between P25,000 and P100,000. Upon receipt, it is used to secure your preferred unit against other buyers.
A down payment is a percentage of your unit’s total contract price. It is the first in a series of amortization payments used to pay for your unit in full.
A turnover balance is the final payment. Assuming all prior payments have been submitted, this balance is paid upon delivery of your unit.

How soon after I reserve the unit will I begin paying the down payment or monthly amortizations?

Normally, the down payment is due one month after the payment of the reservation fee and submission of all necessary documents.
This may vary if special payment schemes are applied.

I need to take out a loan to pay for my unit. Does Megaworld provide in-house financing solutions?

Megaworld does not provide housing loans, but its payment terms are among the most flexible in the industry. For more information, please inquire with a property consultant.

How do I apply for a bank loan?

Please refer to our blog posts on www.megaworldatthefort.com

What is the process for unit turnover?

There are 5 steps for unit turnover:


First, a notice of inspection is sent to the client. The client or a representative may then schedule a viewing of the unit with an Engineer or Architect appointed by Megaworld. During or after the viewing, the client is able to accept the unit. It is at this point that association dues and real estate taxes commence.


The client must contact his or her Accounts Specialist from Accounts Management (+6322) 888-MEGA or (+632) 888-6342 for the settlement of outstanding balance due under the contract, including advances, taxes and fees for the facilitation of the unit title transfer.


After full settlement, the Contract Management Group (CMG) (+632) 867-8583 or (+632) 864-0903 together with the Account Specialist will assist the client in signing the Deed of Absolute Sale. CMG will handle the transfer of title.


Upon clearing of all payments and submission of requirements (original deed of absolute sale, photocopies of government IDs and signature verification), the Accounts Specialist will process the clearance for the release of unit keys.


Upon clearance, the keys will be released to the client by the Property Manager at the building’s administration office. An owner’s orientation will be provided to inform the client of the building rules and regulations, as well as move-in guidelines.

What are the taxes and fees I should be aware of after the turnover?

Real Estate Tax: Value to be determined based on assessment.
Processing Fee: Payment to Megaworld for facilitation of the title transfer Condominium Certificate of Title (CCT).
Documentary Stamp Tax: Payment to the BIR for processing the documents for the unit title transfer (CCT). This amounts to 1.5% of the zone value or contract price
Transfer Tax: Payment to the city treasurer for recognizing the transfer of title (CCT). This amounts to 0.7% of the zone value or contract price.
Registration Fee: Payment to the registry of deeds for the registration of the unit under the client’s name. This amounts to 0.5% of the zone value or contract price.
Association Dues: Monthly payment to the property management for the building staff, security, maintenance of common facilities, and other operational expenses.

Who handles the property management?

First Oceanic Property Management, a sister company of Megaworld, handles building administration, security and the maintenance of amenities. As a homeowner, you will have a voice in their activities through the Homeowners Association.

How much are the association dues?

The amount is dependent on the size of your unit. It is determined by the building property administration to cover the development’s operating expenses.

Is the building environment-friendly?

Megaworld is moving toward greener development with 8 Campus Place, the company’s first LEED Gold-Certified development.
This office complex in McKinley Hill will be the first of many green ventures that Megaworld will explore.

Is the building equipped with handicap access?

All Megaworld projects are equipped with handicap access.

Is my pet allowed in the building?

The developments of Megaworld at the Fort allow small dogs and cats to be kept as pets inside the building. To inquire regarding other pet varieties, please speak to a property consultant.

Is the development equipped with Wi-Fi internet access?

All McKinley West properties offer Wi-Fi internet access at the reception lobby and amenity areas.

Is the building protected against earthquakes?

Megaworld developments abide by the Philippine building code regulation which mandates that all developments should be able to withstand up to a magnitude 8 earthquake.

What is the garbage disposal system in the building? Why was this system chosen by Megaworld?

Megaworld has opted for a garbage pickup system by the building staff. This avoids the hazardous nature of garbage chutes in high-rise buildings and also prevents the spread of odor onto each floor through the chute area. For developments that do not use this practice, a garbage room can be found on one of the lower/basement levels.

I would like to have renovations done inside my unit. What are the procedures? Are there any restrictions?

Major renovations need to be cleared with the building administration. They will have to verify that the work will not disrupt electric or water lines, nor tamper with structural elements that may jeopardize the safety of the building.

I would like to rent out my unit. Does Megaworld provide leasing services? Is there a leasing office in the building?

Megaworld does not officially provide leasing services for unit owners. You may however, ask for assistance from your building administration by leaving them with your contact information should potential tenants inquire with them. Otherwise, we recommend the use of reliable online platforms such as lamudi.com.ph or property24.ph. For tips on renting out your unit, please read our blog articles here

I would like to resell my unit. Does Megaworld provide brokerage services?

Megaworld does not provide brokerage services. For references, you may contact your property consultant or make use of reliable online platforms such as lamudi.com.ph and property24.ph.


Residential Suites


Office Sites


Leisure Attractions


Reputable Academic


Chic Commercial

This site uses cookies to provide our guests with a smooth experience. By continuing to browse this website, you are agreeing to our cookie policy. View privacy policy